Monday, May 4, 2009

Revillagigedo Tagging Voyage

Align CenterScott Brickell - Tag and Release

Hey Gang

So I rolled in the shop last week and I ran into shop regular Steve Wallace. Steve was hanging out with his partner in crime and Scott Brickell - They were killing some time before they rolled across the street to get a bite to eat. Two good guys who both love to fish like the rest of us. Scott and I started to talk and he started telling me about a Tagging Trip he did in March on the Royal Star down at Revillagigedo.


I checked out the Star website and found the pictures of trip. Check out the photos and narrative from the Royal Star Website

03/05/09 After today's report expect a couple of day break as I head up to the show for the weekend. Otherwise, today's feature angler is another that I had the pleasure of meeting and becoming acquainted with throughout the voyage.


One of the many aspects I value about long range fishing is the opportunity I have to meet and interact with such a variety of diverse, interesting, successful individuals. Scott Brickell, in addition to being an accomplished angler, was a character I will not soon forget and sincerely hope I have the opportunity to fish with again. Always the optimist, and generous with his uniquely valuable perspective, Scott had me rolling with laughter as well as thinking deeply following our many conversations throughout the trip. When it came to fishing, Scott was eager and focused while maintaining the ever important joy of the occasion that sometimes escapes those more serious anglers. To each his own of course but I freely admit that it gives me great satisfaction to see anglers express the light hearted exuberance that attracted most of us to fishing to begin with.

Tag - You are it!!!


That said, enjoy today's photos and look forward to many more. Also, my appreciation and gratitude goes out to Scott. I hope to fish with you again on Royal Star.

Tim


I had to toss in the Greg Tanji Shot - I bet he could lift a Cow in the Net by Himself


Great Trip Scott - Trip of a Lifetime

No comments: