Thursday, July 5, 2007

World Record WhiteSeabass - 93.4 Pound Monster

Hokie Smokes SportsFans

A late report from a weeks ago
A 93.8 lbs White Seabass was speared off of County Line last week by Bill Ernz

You got to wonder if there is a 100 pounder out there
Check out the story below

Congrats Bill


I am OUT.....Later



LA FATHOMIERS,

On behalf of the LA FATHOMIER'S Board and the Fathomiers members we
would like to Congratulate LA FATHOMIER member Bill Ernz in raising the
bar for a new Pending IUSA World Record for WSB and the LARGEST WHITE
SEA BASS EVER RECORDED with a 93.4 pounds.

Bill Ernz also breaks the WSB ALLTIME FATHOMIER RECORD, and also his
fish is the Largest California Game fish in 2007.

Bill we are very proud and happy for your achievement.

A Fish of a lifetime! and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! A
great reward for all your years of hard work Bill!

Erik Banados
LA FATHOMIERS Board Member


A note from Bill

Hi guys,
Thanks for all your kind works. Here is the forwarded email from
Larry Carter with the official weigh in of 93.4 pounds. I have some of
my pictures coming out of the water at Norman 'Malabama's fish camp at
County Line and at home. I just made two dives yesterday. I anchored
up and dove to the inside of the best point and on the second dive I saw
two huge monsters and the one in front was the biggest. I settled for
the smaller but made a shot through the pectorial and toggled in the
gills. I ran half way to the bottom but I horsed it to the surface and
it just kept getting bigger. It took a while to get it in my Moulder
board. But after 10 minutes on the spot I was paddling in. What a
lucky day! Most of you guys have guns bigger than mine and any one of
you could have made that shot. Just put the time in the water, enjoy
the beautiful surroundings and the ocean will open up to you. Safe
diving,

Bill


A message from Fellow Freediver Rob Stewart

Congratulations Bill! What a beautiful fish. I am sure glad to see a
great champion and life long diver like you get the new world record. I
had been thinking for the last month that this may be the year for
Skip's record to fall since there are so many schools of very large fish
being sighted along the coast and at several of the islands too. Your
fish is a true monster for the species. Skip's 80 pound record lasted
for 13 years and he had only beat the previous record by a few pounds.
It will be interesting to see how long your record last. We, who are
over 50, may not live long enough to see this record fall but I do
believe there are 100 pound WSB out there and perhaps one will be taken
in our lifetime. You now have the fish to beat and rest assured, all
the game fish divers in California and Northern Mexico will be doing
their best to hunt down an even bigger fish but most likely, we'll only
see them in our dreams. Congratulations to you. You have proven once
again that you are a great champion and one of the greatest divers in
our sport. The best thing in my opinion is that you are one of the
nicest guys in our sport too. Skip is a very close friend of mine and
my favorite dive partner so I am sad to see his record fall but if it
had to fall, I am sure pleased it went to a diver as deserving as you
are.

No comments: